2011 Happiness Challenge: For those of you following the 2011 Happiness Project Challenge, to make 2011 a happier year — and even if you haven’t officially signed up for the challenge — welcome! This month’s theme is Time. Last week’s resolution (on the theme of Body) was to Cultivate good smells. Did you try that resolution? Did it boost your happiness?
This week’s resolution is to Set aside a specific time for something that’s important to you.
If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
Schedule time for play.
Face it: you have no free time.
7 tips for making yourself happier in the next hour.
Have you found that setting aside a specific time has helped you keep something important from being forced off your schedule? How did you do it?
* If you’re in a video-watching mood, I was utterly charmed by this video of Bobby McFerrin at the World Science Festival (wholly apart from the fact that Bobby McFerrin happens to be well-known for his song “Don’t Worry, Be Happy”).
If you’re new, here’s information on the 2011 Happiness Challenge. It’s never too late to start! You’re not behind, jump in right now, sign up here. For the Challenge, each week I’ll post a video suggesting a resolution for you to consider. For more ideas for resolutions to try, check out the archives of videos here.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can: To get the audio podcast of the video:
– On the GretchenRubin channel page, after you subscribe, click “Edit Subscription” and check the box, “Email me for new uploads.” Or…
– Go to your main drop-down box, click “Subscriptions,” find the GretchenRubin channel, click “Edit Subscriptions,” and check “Email me for new uploads” there.
– Log in to iTunes
– Go to “Podcasts”
– Search for “The Happiness Project.” Free, of course.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can:
To get the audio podcast of the video: