2011 Happiness Challenge: For those of you following the 2011 Happiness Project Challenge, to make 2011 a happier year — and even if you haven’t officially signed up for the challenge — welcome! This month’s theme is Possessions, and last week’s resolution was to Go shelf by shelf. Did you try that resolution? Did it boost your happiness?
This week’s resolution is to Read the manual.
If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
Conquer a device.
Frustrated? Read the manual.
In which I learn a new, useful happiness term: mise-en-place.
What about you? Do you ever have trouble prodding yourself to read the manual? With what kinds of devices?
If you’re new, here’s information on the 2011 Happiness Challenge. It’s never too late to start! You’re not behind, jump in right now, sign up here. For the Challenge, each week I’ll post a video suggesting a resolution for you to consider. For more ideas for resolutions to try, check out the archives of videos here.
* I so appreciate all the suggestions that people have given about how to connect with readers in the military and military families. I spent a long time today reading on SpouseBuzz — so much great material there, even if you’re not in a military family.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can: To get the audio podcast of the video:
– On the GretchenRubin channel page, after you subscribe, click “Edit Subscription” and check the box, “Email me for new uploads.” Or…
– Go to your main drop-down box, click “Subscriptions,” find the GretchenRubin channel, click “Edit Subscriptions,” and check “Email me for new uploads” there.
– Log in to iTunes
– Go to “Podcasts”
– Search for “The Happiness Project.” Free, of course.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can:
To get the audio podcast of the video: