Every Wednesday is Tip Day.
This Wednesday: Ten things I can do every day — even when I can’t do anything else.
We’ve all had days where it seems as though nothing gets done. For those times when I seem to be spinning my wheels, I keep a list of things that I can do every day, even when I have no extra time, money, or energy to spare. I sometimes forget to write in my one-sentence journal and I don’t always make it to the gym, but I do try to make sure I hit all these items.
That way, even if I feel like I had a day when I got nothing accomplished, I can comfort myself, as I climb into my smooth, tidy bed, “Well, at least I went for a walk. I ate an apple. I hugged my daughters.”
Every day, I…
1. Make my bed.
2. Wear sunscreen (well, most days).
3. Wear my seat belt.
4. Jump up and down a few times.
5. Pick up one object that’s in the wrong place and put it away.
6. Go for a ten-minute walk outside.
7. Eat a fruit or vegetable.
8. Put my keys away in the same place.
9. Touch everyone in my apartment with affection.
10. Pause to enjoy a lovely smell.
Bonus: 11. Go to sleep as soon as I’m sleepy, if I possibly can.
How about you? Are there things that you try to do every day, even when it seems impossible to get anything done?
* I spent a lot of time exploring Mumsnet (a British site, in case you couldn’t guess), especially the Books section. * Have I ever mentioned that The Happiness Project is a #1 New York Times bestseller? Really, I did? Oh, right, maybe so.
Order your copy.
Read sample chapters.
Watch the one-minute book video.
Listen to a sample of the audiobook.
* Have I ever mentioned that The Happiness Project is a #1 New York Times bestseller? Really, I did? Oh, right, maybe so.