2011 Happiness Challenge: For those of you following the 2011 Happiness Project Challenge, to make 2011 a happier year — and even if you haven’t officially signed up for the challenge — welcome! This month’s theme is Creativity, and last week’s resolution was to Make something by hand. Did you try that resolution? Did it boost your happiness?
This week’s resolution is to Be a tourist in your own city.
If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
8 tips for sparking your creativity.
Taking tourist photos of my own romance.
Take a field trip. In my case, to cultivate good smells.
How about you? Have you ever tried to have a tourist’s frame of mind as you walk around the place where you live?
If you’re new, here’s information on the 2011 Happiness Challenge. It’s never too late to start! You’re not behind, jump in right now, sign up here. For the Challenge, each week I’ll post a video suggesting a resolution for you to consider. For more ideas for resolutions to try, check out the archives of videos here.
* I love visiting Brain Pickings — “curating eclectic interestingness from culture’s collective brain.” I never know what I’ll find, but there’s always a lot to see.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can:
– On the GretchenRubin channel page, after you subscribe, click “Edit Subscription” and check the box, “Email me for new uploads.” Or…
– Go to your main drop-down box, click “Subscriptions,” find the GretchenRubin channel, click “Edit Subscriptions,” and check “Email me for new uploads” there.
To get the audio podcast of the video:
– Log in to iTunes
– Go to “Podcasts”
– Search for “The Happiness Project.” Free, of course.