2011 Happiness Challenge: For those of you following the 2011 Happiness Project Challenge, to make 2011 a happier year — and even if you haven’t officially signed up for the challenge — welcome!
For the last month of this year, instead of tackling a theme, I’m going to discuss a question: What is the key to happiness? That’s a question that can be answered in different ways, depending on what framework you use to address the issue of happiness. The resolution for each week will reflect that week’s answer.
Last week’s answer was to Cultivate strong relationships. This week’s answer is to Know yourself.
It’s a little hard to see what I’m holding in my hand. That’s a mirror.
What do you think? Is self-knowledge the key to happiness? Do you find it hard to know yourself? I’m constantly amazed by how hard it is to know myself.
If you’re new, here’s information on the 2011 Happiness Challenge. It’s never too late to start! You’re not behind, jump in right now, sign up here. For the Challenge, each week I’ll post a video suggesting a resolution for you to consider. For more ideas for resolutions to try, check out the archives of videos here.
* Before I became a writer, I started out in law, and I spent a memorable year clerking for Justice Sandra Day O’Connor. She’s an extraordinary and indefatigable person, and among other things, she has founded an outstanding program, iCivics, to teach children about how government works and how to be responsible citizens—through online games. It also has lots of resources for teachers. Check it out!
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can: To get the audio podcast of the video:
– On the GretchenRubin channel page, after you subscribe, click “Edit Subscription” and check the box, “Email me for new uploads.” Or…
– Go to your main drop-down box, click “Subscriptions,” find the GretchenRubin channel, click “Edit Subscriptions,” and check “Email me for new uploads” there.
– Log in to iTunes
– Go to “Podcasts”
– Search for “The Happiness Project.” Free, of course.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can:
To get the audio podcast of the video: