2012 Happiness Challenge: For those of you following the 2012 Happiness Project Challenge, to make 2012 a happier year — and even if you haven’t officially signed up for the challenge — welcome! Each week in a video, my friend Maria poses a question about some Pigeon of Discontent raised by a blog reader. Because, as much as we try to find the Bluebird of Happiness, we’re also plagued by the Pigeons of Discontent.
This week’s Pigeon of Discontent, suggested by a reader, is: “I feel discouraged by my messy house.”
If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
10 steps to beat clutter…in less than 5 minutes.
Need a simple way to get your life under control? Try the “one-minute rule.”
Fighting clutter? Go shelf by shelf.
How about you? Have you found any simple strategies for staying on top of the mess at home, at work, in the car…?
I hope you enjoy the new format. It’s still evolving, so bear with me while it’s taking shape.
You can post your own Pigeon of Discontent at any time; also, from time to time, I’ll make a special call for suggestions.
If you’re new, jump in right now, sign up here. Studies suggest that by taking action, like signing up for this challenge, will help you keep your resolutions. For the 2012 Challenge, each week I’ll post a video for you to consider, and you can check out the archives of videos here.
* I’m a huge fan of the work of Jacqueline Schmidt, an artist who makes many things–in particular, I love her shadow boxes. I was thrilled to see her work featured in the Wall Street Journal over the weekend. I love all things miniature: shadow boxes, dioramas, terrariums, bonsai, maquettes. * Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can: To get the audio podcast of the video:
– On the GretchenRubin channel page, after you subscribe, click “Edit Subscription” and check the box, “Email me for new uploads.” Or…
– Go to your main drop-down box, click “Subscriptions,” find the GretchenRubin channel, click “Edit Subscriptions,” and check “Email me for new uploads” there.
– Log in to iTunes
– Go to “Podcasts”
– Search for “The Happiness Project.” Free, of course.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can:
To get the audio podcast of the video: