Introducing the 2012 Happiness Challenge! Join here, any time! Each week this year, I’ll post a video about some Pigeon of Discontent that a reader has raised in the comments. Because, as much as we try to find the Bluebird of Happiness, we’re also plagued by the Pigeons of Discontent. These aren’t the major happiness challenges that we face, but rather, those little nagging problems that settle into roost.
I’m constantly surprised by what a big happiness boost I can get from small changes. As Samuel Johnson wrote, “It is by studying little things that we attain the great art of having as little misery, and as much happiness as possible.”
In this video, I explain more about the 2012 Happiness Challenge.
If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
What’s your Pigeon of Discontent?
The “negativity bias,” or, bad feelings are stronger than good.
A “little thing” (very little) that makes me happy: the gift bag.
I hope you enjoy the videos. You can post your own Pigeon of Discontent at any time; also, from time to time, I’ll make a special call for suggestions.
If you’re new, jump in right now, sign up here. Studies suggest that by taking action, like signing up for this challenge, will help you keep your resolutions. For the Challenge, each week I’ll post a video for you to consider, and you can check out the archives of videos here.
* I spend way too much time reading Maria Popova’s Brain Pickings—”Curating eclectic interestingness from culture’s collective brain.”
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can: To get the audio podcast of the video:
– On the GretchenRubin channel page, after you subscribe, click “Edit Subscription” and check the box, “Email me for new uploads.” Or…
– Go to your main drop-down box, click “Subscriptions,” find the GretchenRubin channel, click “Edit Subscriptions,” and check “Email me for new uploads” there.
– Log in to iTunes
– Go to “Podcasts”
– Search for “The Happiness Project.” Free, of course.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can:
To get the audio podcast of the video: