2012 Happiness Challenge: For those of you following the 2012 Happiness Project Challenge, to make 2012 a happier year — and even if you haven’t officially signed up for the challenge — welcome! Each week, I post a video about some Pigeon of Discontent raised by a reader. Because, as much as we try to find the Bluebird of Happiness, we’re also plagued by the Pigeons of Discontent.
This week’s Pigeon of Discontent, suggested by a reader, is: “I put off making difficult phone calls.”
If you want to read more about this resolution, check out…
Do you dread making phone calls as much as I sometimes do? What strategies have helped you to make those necessary calls?
You can post your own Pigeon of Discontent at any time; also, from time to time, I’ll make a special call for suggestions.
If you’re new, jump in right now, sign up here. Studies suggest that by taking action, like signing up for this challenge, will help you keep your resolutions. For the 2012 Challenge, each week I’ll post a video for you to consider, and you can check out the archives of videos here.
* I always find interesting things to read on the blog of Laura Vanderkam.
* Please subscribe to my YouTube Channel. To get the weekly video by email, right in your email in-box, you can:
– On the GretchenRubin channel page, after you subscribe, click “Edit Subscription” and check the box, “Email me for new uploads.” Or…
– Go to your main drop-down box, click “Subscriptions,” find the GretchenRubin channel, click “Edit Subscriptions,” and check “Email me for new uploads” there.
To get the audio podcast of the video:
– Log in to iTunes
– Go to “Podcasts”
– Search for “The Happiness Project.” Free, of course.